A global volunteer organization working to improve the lives of women and girls through programs leading to social and economic empowerment.
Soroptimist Vision & Mission
Women and girls have the resources and opportunities to reach their full potential and live their dreams.
Soroptimist improves the lives of women and girls through programs leading to social and economic empowerment.
Soroptimist International of the Americas is committed to:
- Gender Equality: Women and girls live free from discrimination.
- Empowerment: Women and girls are free to act in their own best interest.
- Education: Women and girls deserve to lead full and productive lives through access to education.
- Diversity & Fellowship: Women from varied backgrounds and perspectives work together to improve the lives of women and girls.
Programs We Support
A multi-dimensional approach to end sex trafficking including raising awareness, assisting victims, preventing sexual slavery, and advocating for better laws and enforcement.
Working together, these women volunteers raise more than $200,000 each year for charitable projects making a difference for woman and girls, locally and all over the world.
The Thrift Haus
The Thrift Haus at the corner of Lupfer and First in Whitefish, Montana is the financial engine that fuels most of the contributions for our club.
With the generous donations from our community, we sort, stock and resell these gently used goods all with 100% volunteer power by our members.
Donations (clean and in good condition please!) may be dropped off at any time at the east door; signs will direct donors.
Since we’re a 501 C-3 nonprofit, donations are tax-deductible and we provide donation receipts upon request.
You read more about the history by reading The Little Thrift Haus That Could.
HOURS: Wednesday - Friday, 12-5 | Saturday, 12-4
Want to know more about Soroptimist Whitefish?
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
- President - Jen Fugatt
- President Elect - Bonnie Baker
- Vice President - Sherry Mayeaux
- Treasurer - Diane Yarus
- Assistant Treasurer - Mary Drew Powers
- Secretary - Dawn Cope
- Business Meeting, 6:30, Dec. 10th, Rocky Mountain Lodge